February 26, 2013

How to Play MP3's on Tracfone Cell Phones

How to Use the MP3 Player on a Tracfone to Listen to Music

Many of Tracfone's newer prepaid cell phones have an mp3 player as one of the features. But for a lot of people, learning how to put the mp3's on the phone and play them, can be a challenge.

So we want to share a quick guide to loading mp3's on Tracfone cell phones, and then playing them.

Step One - What You Need to Play MP3's

4gb micro sd card sandisk
4 GB Micro SD Card
First of all, you need to have a phone with an mp3 player. Most of Tracfone's newer phones, going back to the likes of the LG 500G, have an mp3 player.

If you go to the 'Menu' and there is a 'My Folder' or 'Music' tile, then you probably have a phone with an mp3 player. You can also check your phone on the Tracfone website and look at the specs list to see if it includes an mp3 player. (the LG 840G comes with an mp3 player, and a 2GB Micro SD card)

Once you have confirmed this, the next thing you need is a MicroSD card. If you already have one, usually 1GB-8GB, then you are all set. If you don't have a MicroSD card, they are very cheap, and can be purchased from any electronic stores, or check out Amazon's selection of MicroSD cards .


Step Two - Load the Micro SD card with MP3's

Time to put your favorite music or other files onto the MicroSD card. There are several ways to do this, but on of the easier ways is to simply put it into an SD adapter, and then plug that into your computer.

Next, find the MicroSD card on your computer and transfer the music files to the card.

If your music is not in mp3 format, use a program (there are lots of options, just search mp3 converter on Google!) to convert your files to mp3 format.

On a side note, there are some programs and even websites that will convert YouTube videos to mp3 files.

Step Three - Put the Card into the Phone

LG 500g back cover and battery removed
An LG 500G - Notice the Location of the Micro SD card behind
the battery, next to the SIM card
This step can be a little tricky, because the location of the Micro SD card on most Tracfone's is hard to get to.

To find where to put the Micro SD card, take the back cover off your phone, and then take the battery out. For most Tracfone's, the Micro SD card goes behind the battery, in a small metal holder. Push the metal holder one way or the other, and it should pop open, allowing you to slide the Micro SD into place. Return the battery and cover to their normal position.

Other Tracfone mobile phones have a Micro SD slot on the side or bottom of the phone, so look around on your phone to find the location.

Step Four - Finding and Playing your Music

Now all you need to do is go to your "Folder' or 'Music' on some phones, and select "Memory Card' or similar name, and all your mp3's should display in a list, ready for you to listen to!

Some Tracfone's are different, so if these steps don't work for you, try looking up specific directions for your phone, or leave a comment below with any questions.

Visit our Cell Phone Reviews page to learn about several newer phones from Tracfone that come with mp3 players, such as the LG 530G and Samsung S390G

13 comments :

Anonymous said...

I've been trying to find out how to add music on the Tracfone for SO long! I eventually gave up, but thanks to this site I was finally able to figure it out! I wish I found out about this site sooner haha. Thank you so much!! :)

Anonymous said...

I use my MP3 player to listen to audio books. I have no problem downloading or playing the books. My problem is when I turn off the audio player, the next time I open the book, it automatically restarts at the beginning of the book. I would like to have it "pick up' where I left off. How do I do that?

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for posting this! Finally answered my questions!

Anonymous said...

I am considering a mp3 capable tracfone, does anyone know how much battery life listening to music costs? It seems to have a impressive enough life to it, but I wonder if music drains it similar to web surfing?

TracfoneReviewer Team said...

It is the screen that uses a lot of battery life, especially on touchscreen smartphones, so if you aren't using the screen too much, the battery life should be fine, and could last 24hrs or even much more. I've listed to music on an LG 500G for more than 30 hours while traveling and it still had some battery life left. On my smartphone, I can get similar performance if I don't turn the screen on very often.

Anonymous said...

Definitely noted, thank you so much!

Lynx said...

I did exactly as you said, before you said it, since it's an easy geek solution; but my mp3 music files are nowehere to be found in any of the audio folders, or in memory.

Unknown said...

Can anyone tell how to load all my itunes on computer to the sd card with a adapter in computer ?

Unknown said...

did not see the notify box at bottom, anyone that has answers can send them here for the itunes transfer to sd card w/ adapter in computer. Thanks ahead of time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks. A very helpful site. Spent too much time chatting with Tracfone customer service rep who - had s/he been able or willing - could have given me this microSD info in minutes rather than send me searching Google. Very unsatisfactory Customer Service. Also, having to transport MP3 files to my phone (Alcatel A206G) via and microSD card is a very awkward and time-consuming procedure. Certainly, a more expeditious method can be built into the phone - just like I plug my MP3 player into my computer and directly load files to it.

Anonymous said...

I can see an icon of the SD card but when I press it, nothing happens. I know there are files on the SD card because when I plug it into my computer I can access them. Has anyone else had this problem?

Anonymous said...

If you procured the music from Itunes, you first need to convert the files to MP3 from M4a, then with your phone connected to your laptop with a cable, copy the files into the Music folder of your phone.
I Googled "free M4a to MP3 convertor and found several. The one I chose was on CNet and is simple to use...

lifelineglobalreview said...

All the contents you mentioned in post is too good and can be very useful. I will keep it in mind, thanks for sharing the information keep updating, looking forward for more posts.Thanks lifelineglobalreview