May 18, 2017

LG Fiesta (L64VL/63BL) Review - Tracfone Android

Tracfone LG Fiesta (L64VL/63BL) Review

Full details and specs on the LG Fiesta collected and shared by TracfoneReviewer.

tracfone lg fiesta review
LG Fiesta Review
The LG Fiesta was just released by Tracfone with a large 5.5" touchscreen, Android 7.0 and 16 GB memory. It is a big phone with big specs, but comes at a reasonable price.

Tracfone is continuing to add smartphones to their lineup that feature 16 GB internal memory, which is a must for many users. We have been expecting the Samsung Galaxy Sky Pro, which will have 16 GB memory and a 5.5" screen, but there is still no word on when that will be released.

Only the CDMA version (the L64VL) of the Fiesta is available right now, but we expect a GSM variant (the L63BL) to be released sometime soon.

Let's have a look at the quick facts about the LG Fiesta

LG Fiesta Quick Facts:

The Good:
Android 7.0
Large 5.5" touchscreen
16 GB Internal Memory
13 MP camera

Not so Good:
Screen Resolution is just 1280x720
Does not come with triple minutes for life

There are a lot of promising specs listed for the LG Fiesta that we are very excited about. A 13 MP camera in a phone at this price range is very uncommon. And the fact that this phone runs the newest Anroid OS (at this time) is also quite good.

It's not all good, as you may have noticed. It appears that Tracfone is not offering the LG Fiesta with Triple Minutes for Life. If its true, it would be the first, and only, smartphone from Tracfone that doesn't have Triple Minutes for Life. We will go more in-depth on this further on.

Before we get into the details, lets look at the full features and specs on the Fiesta

LG Fiesta (L64VL/63BL) Features and Specs

Below are the features for the Fiesta, followed by the technical specifications
  • Android 7.0 Nougat
  • 4G LTE capability (L64VL version uses Verizon CDMA coverage, L63BL version uses ATT GSM coverage)
  • WiFi, GPS
  • Access to over 1 Million Apps from Google Play
  • Bluetooth 4.2
  • Alarm Clock
  • Accelerometer, proximity sensor
  • MP3 Player
  • SMS/MMS
  • Voicemail, Caller ID, Call Waiting
LG Fiesta Technical Specs
  • Size: 3.07" x 6.09" x 0.33" (164g)
  • 5.5" IPS LCD Capacitive Touchscreen at 1280x720 Resolution (HD)
  • 1.4 Ghz Quad Core Processor
  • 1.5 GB RAM
  • 16 GB Memory (about 10 GB usable, up to 2 TB external storage via MicroSD card slot
  • Battery: 4500 mAh non-removable with Talk Time 28hrs, Standby 25 days

One feature we haven't seen on any phones in this price range is the larger megapixel camera. The fiesta has a 13 MP rear camera which far exceeds most other Tracfone devices, including the 5 MP camera on the Galaxy Sky.

Not only does the Fiesta have a large camera and large screen, it also has a large battery which is desirable for consumers.

While the specs on the Fiesta look quite good, there are better phones offered by Tracfone, including the Samsung Galaxy S5, S6 and S7. Tracfone also offers several iPhone's, including the iPhone 6, 6 Plus and SE. But these phones all come at a higher (in some cases much higher) price. Have a look at our List of the Best Tracfone Smartphones for more information.

And now let's get to our review of the LG Fiesta with more detailed information about the main features and specs on this device.

Tracfone LG Fiesta Review

Screen Size
The most obvious feature on the Fiesta is the 5.5" touchscreen. This is a popular screen size and a number of smartphones are available at or below $200 with the same size screen. The Moto G4 is one example.

However, the Fiesta only has a screen resolution of 1280x720, while the Moto G4 has full HD 1920x1080. It is a noticeable difference, but LG had to find a corner to cut somewhere, and this appears to be it. For typical users, it won't make much of a difference, but videos and games won't look as good compared to devices with full HD screens.

Internal Specs - Memory, Processor and RAM
Overall the internal specs on the Fiesta are good, with 16 GB memory, 1.5 GB RAM and a 1.4 Ghz quad core processor, the fiesta shouldn't have a problem keeping up with most games and apps, but if you plan to load a lot of media onto the device, you should get a MicroSD card for it because the 10 GB of usable space fills up quickly (especially shooting HD video with the camera). Not that the Fiesta does not allow adoptable storage, and not all apps can be moved to a MicroSD card.

Camera
The Fiesta's camera is 13 MP for the rear camera and 5 MP on the front. There is an LED flash, auto-focus, face detection and HDR. Videos are recorded at 1080p 30fps full HD.

Quality is great in good lighting (as are most cameras), but noise starts to really affect the image quality in poor lighting conditions. Overall it is nice to have the extra resolution in the images for better detail.

Battery
A big phone usually comes with a big battery, but the Fiesta goes way beyond that with the 4500 mAh non-removable battery. By comparison, the Moto G4 has the same size screen, but only a 3000 mAh battery. The iPhone 6S Plus also has a 5.5" screen, but uses just a 2750 mAh battery.

The Fiesta is advertised to last, 'all weekend', and we will have to see with further testing if this holds true. In general it does appear to last throughout the day without a problem.

One surprise with the Fiesta is that despite the much larger battery, the phone is only slightly heavier than the Moto G4, and actually lighter than the iPhone 6S Plus.

Android Operating System
Android 7.0 Nougat comes on the LG Fiesta, which is the latest operating system available at this time. It comes with a number of performance, appearance, and security improvements including optimization for extending battery life.

With Android OS, access to over a million apps on Google Play is possible and there are apps for nearly anything you can think of, with most of them free. See our list of the Best Android Apps for some ideas.

No Triple Minutes for LIfe
This came as a surprise to us, and everyone else. It appears that Tracfone is not offering Triple Minutes for Life on the LG Fiesta, and any phones with Android 7.0 or newer.

At first take this seems like a big negative, but when considering things further, it might not be such a big deal. Triple Minutes only works on regular airtime cards (60, 120, 200, 450, etc.) and these cards generally aren't as good a deal as the smartphone only cards which Tracfone now offers (take a look at our Comparison of Tracfone Airtime Cards for details).

So for most users, buying the smartphone only cards is a better deal, and the lack of Triple Minutes on the LG Fiesta won't affect them. But if you do prefer to use regular airtime cards, you should probably avoid the LG Fiesta.

Up until this point, all smartphones, including those on Tracfone BYOP, came with Triple Minutes for Life. If you already have a phone with Triple Minutes for Life, nothing will change for you.

We are going to continue investigating any changes to Triple Minutes for Life on Tracfone smartphones and will be sharing what we learn in the near future.

LG Fiesta Overview and Where to Buy

Some of LG's budget smartphones have been known to have quality issues, such as the LG Treasure and Rebel. Time will tell if that is the case with the Fiesta, but at this time it is a very attractive phone for the price.

While some consumers may not want such a large phone, for the majority this will be a great option to upgrade to from older Tracfone smartphones. The large screen takes a little getting used to, but pretty soon it is hard to want a phone with anything less.

The Fiesta is fairly similar to the Samsung Galaxy Sky, but comes with the improved camera and newer Android OS. The Fiesta has a larger screen, better camera and more internal memory compared to the LG X Style. However, the X Style does offer a slimmer, more stylish appearance. And as for the Alcatel OneTouch Pixi Glory we recently reviewed, the Fiesta is better in just about every way, and available for a similar price.

The CDMA version of the LG Fiesta is currently available with 1500 minutes from HSN for $139. It was initially on sale at $129. This is a great value, as the airtime bundle is worth over $125..

The bundle does include a cover for the phone, but if you are looking for more options, the LG x Power 2 is the same size, and there are a number of cases and more on Amazon

That concludes our review of the LG Fiesta (L64VL/63BL) from Tracfone. Take a look at the user manual for specific details on using the phone and leave a comment below with your thoughts or questions.

Take a quick look at our latest list of Tracfone Deals and Discounts which includes some good prices on unlocked smartphones

And learn about unlocking your Tracfone device (or if you qualify for a cash refund)

Keep up with our latest posts, news and other info by following us on Facebook!

Thanks for visiting!

31 comments :

beahaven said...

I have the LG Power 22C with lots of data,minutes and texts. Will these transfer over if I get LG Fiesta currently available from HSN? Will they be added to the bundle?

Anonymous said...

They don't call it a Fiesta for nothing! They wanted to call it a Siesta since all people passed on it when it was ran as HSN's Today's Special!

Cameras are interpolated to those MPs and a phone that big better have octa core processor and at least 2 Gs of RAM.

Steer away from this one fast as you can!

Anonymous said...

My phone LG Fiesta came with a little key would you know why?

Kathy Whatnot said...

Resolution is not good sent it back not much different than marshmello for my needs

Many TRACFONES said...

Yes....I'm sending mine back! :(

Hoody said...

yeah I think if they had used a good 1080P 4.5" screen and 2g ram it would fly. Have no use for a "phone" that big. I got hold of a Phoenix 2 and its 5", but at least its good , 5" is big too, but manageable.

Anonymous said...

Review? Looks like a review of the published specs from marketing.

Doesn't appear you actually had one in your hands.

Those that do have them suggest that some of what is stated above is incorrect. A decent review of the actual device would have tested any functionality before claiming it exists.

Anonymous said...

The little key or pin tool opens the micro SD card tray on the side of phone. Push the pin into the small hole of the tray to release it.

Anonymous said...

Nice big phone considering it is essentially free with one year of service included and it has a better than average camera too.

RMcD said...

I ordered a LG X style today with, I hope, TMF. U2 has about slowed down all it can.

Franklin W said...

What is TMF and U2? see the above post. I don't know the jargon.

Peter Vanosdall said...

Re: Franklin W

Triple Minutes for Life and U2 is the LG Ultimate 2.

Anonymous said...

I don't understand the hate for the Fiesta.......the camera is essentially free from HSN, by including the $125 smart Plan, which equals the triple minutes for life, $30 for 3 month card......

Screen resolution is the same as the J3 Sky......

Comparing it to an unlocked Moto G4, which will cost you an extra $150 for a smaller screen, smaller battery, and smaller camera, just doesn't make sense...

People, you are getting a 5.5" screen, essentially for free, and you are complaining about the phone? Good grief! My wife has this as an upgrade over her Rebel, and loves it........You want great specs? Then pay $300-$400 for a phone, instead of getting this one for free....

Eric Van Boven said...

I like the phone. 720p screen is better than the last phone lg power. 5.5 inch is plenty big not as bad to hold as I thought it would be (5" still best). 1.5GB ram is really the only limiting factor but all the apps I use launch fast (compared to my lg power). My lg power would also freeze up for a few seconds - 20 seconds when playing videos in chrome randomly and this one does not. Android 7 is much better than 5 (Do not disturb works properly). 16GB of store is sweet spot as 8GB was just a little to shy.

FLJohnson said...

Can someone tell me if this phone supports MHL?

Anonymous said...

I recently purchased the Tracfone Fiesta (LG L64VL) from HSN - the cost was $139.95 but I used Visa Checkout and got $20 off making the phone $119.95. The one-year minutes, texts and data that come with this phone is a $125 value alone! My current Tracfone is the LG Power(L22c) which comes with triple minutes. Using the Tracfone website I activated my new Fiesta phone and transferred my phone number. The minutes, text and data from my old phone automatically transferred to the new phone during the activation process. It took 1 (yes one) minute to do the transfer. I then downloaded the Tracfone Transfer Wizard to both phones and completed the transfer of all my contacts, photos, etc. That took maybe 4-5 minutes to complete. It all worked perfectly with absolutely no problems!

CatKnipND said...

If you look on the TracFone website, you'll see that all the Smartphone cards are triple minutes. So if you purchase these, you still get your triple minutes, just done differently.

Bluedestiny said...

I purchased my LG Fiesta a couple of weeks ago from HSN and I am very happy with my purchase. I had an xStyle for about 4 months. My old LG Ultimate 2 (that my bestie was using) died, so when I was able to purchase the Fiesta, I gave her my xStyle. The Fiesta has all of the bells and whistles that I was looking for on my phone (larger screen, more internal memory, better camera). I loved my xStyle (I would definitely recommend it to others), yet the Fiesta has the features I was originally looking for. The only think I still don't like with LG phones is the fact that they include too much bloatware that isn't removable, therefore taking away space that can be utilized. The fact that the Fiesta doesn't come with triple minutes doesn't matter with me. I only put minutes on my phone on the average of 3 times a year and I text more than I talk on it. Overall, I would highly recommend the Fiesta and I plan to keep this for a while!

Wasatch Performance Horses said...

I like this phone except that it does not have voice text. That drives me crazy.

Bluedestiny said...

Actually you can use the voice text. It's through Google. Hit the Microphone Icon in the Google Search Bar on your phone and say "Text_______" You can set up your contacts to only show ones with mobile numbers but you have to make sure you have the numbers designated as such. When you "speak" to Google, tell it to text whomever, you can speak your message. say "period" when you want to end a sentence. Exclamation Point to put one at the end of the sentence. Smiley Face to insert a smiley emoji. Spell out names and words letter by letter if it is a word that will easily be misinterpreted. Once you are silent, Google will display your text and ask you if you want to change or send.

I use voice to text all of the time. I hope this helps.

Anonymous said...

you need to push and hold the setup key to left of space bar. this brings the microphone

Anonymous said...

Is there a way to speed up texts? The texts I send take 3-4 minutes to receive.

Marsha said...

My husband just bought this phone 3 days ago. Everything is working fine except the clock just randomly changes the time. He turns is off and back on and it fixes it, but it keeps doing it. Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

Yes it does

Nancy Mills said...

I bought the Fiesta a few days ago on Amazon for $139. That included a promotional card from Tracfone for 60 days of service, 1000 minutes, 2000 texts and 2GB of data which they figure is worth about $40. I opted for this deal instead of the HSN offer because I had just recently purchased a year of service on the Tracfone website for $50 and as far as I know none of these minutes, etc. will disappear at the end of a year. Before I activated the new phone I took a screen shot of my account on the "My Account" app just in case everything didn't transfer. I usually call Tracfone to activate because I want to make sure I don't lose anything but this time I decided to throw caution to the winds and activate the new phone online. I was totally impressed; after entering the serial # and the sim # it took about two minutes to transfer EVERYTHING to the new phone. I had to turn the phone off and then back on again before making a call and the first call went to Verizon. Have no idea why but I hung up and tried calling again and this time the call went through to the right number. When I opened the "My Account" app to see if all my minutes had transferred successfully and the extra promotion included with the phone had been added, there was a message to call customer service to complete the transaction. I called and gave the rep my phone number and she assured me the promotional items had been added to my account. I did ask her to look to see how much data I had (just to make sure) and she gave me a number that was way above what I should have ended up with after the "freebies" from Amazon. I re-opened the "My Account" app and was VERY pleasantly surprised to see the amounts that had been added. They were ALL way above what was stated in the listing on Amazon! So far I'm really pleased with this phone. I thought maybe the size would be an issue but I love the larger screen. I've been a Tracfone customer since 2010 and am happy to have saved a ton of money on cell phone service. Have read a lot of the negative reviews about this phone on HSN and the majority of them have nothing to do with the phone itself. They give the phone one star because there are no triple minutes. Thanks so much for this great website! I've learned a lot and have recommended it to others contemplating changing their service to Tracfone.

beahaven said...

Thank you Nancy Mills for the informative comment. I also love this site.

Unknown said...

Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong and that it does have Wi-Fi calling and video calling?

Nancy Mills said...

It does have Google Duo which is a video calling app. It is in the "app drawer" on the phone. I have not used it but you might check that out. If you haven't already done so you might want to download the complete user manual for the LG Fiesta. Lots more information in there than what is included with the phone. I have it downloaded on the Fiesta and on my tablet. Nice to have a copy handy when you have a question.

Bluedestiny said...

The CDMA version (the ones that run off of Verizon towers) don't have WiFi calling. Only the GSM versions (ATT Towers). Double-check with your carrier. My answers are based on Tracfone service.
You can use video calling through several apps like Facebook Messenger, Skype, Oovoo and Google Duo (which actually works rather nice). I hope this helps.

Carolyn Helegda said...

Just got my new phone which took over my lg power and thought it looked great.So I I was a little disappointed that it didn't get the triple minutes that people said in their reviews,but still thought it was a still! Because of the free one yr service and 1500 minutes!



WELL I ACTIVATED IT AND 4500talk text and data was tripled!!!!😀😀😀😀😀 So happy great phone and six times more minutes than I was getting
But keep in mind I bought the one service cards that gave 400 tripled that was 1200 a year

Anonymous said...

This smartphone is a big jump for me from by previous LG 41C. I find it hard to believe that for $139.00 you can get something in your hand that is as powerful and useful as the Fiesta. Many people have grown jaded by their smartphones which usually tells me they are addicted to their Android. Fine. It basically does everything phones costing 5-10+ as much. HSN has sold out these phones and customer service said they have no idea if they will be restocked. Pity. 5 1/2 inch screen and 13mp camera will blow you away. Stunning! And the manual, which I downloaded onto the Fiesta is excellent and it tool all of a split second. Come with the latest Android 7. If you are fussy about the bloat wear, just buy it from Best Buy and then buy the airtime from Tracfone. More money but hardly worth it since you are likely to get a memory card with a ton of storage.